The aim of the ABR is to help create an enabling environment conducive to good governance, responsible private investment and sustainable economic growth and development in the countries of Africa.
To do this the ABR sponsors Conferences, Workshops, Seminars, Research, Information Services, Investment related services, and educational activities.
The Key objectives include:
- To expand the role of private enterprise in Africa and to create and environment conducive to economic growth and prosperity;
- To provide assistance to existing enterprises and to serve as a forum for business leaders to study issues, exchange ideas and develop positions and solutions to problems of mutual concern;
- To serve as a forum for its members, promote the establishment of business relations among them and encourage the formation of joint ventures;
- To promote wider awareness of Africa’s business, investment and trade potential;
- To co-operate with Governments, the public sector and other organizations in Africa and internationally with a view to advocating elimination of impediments to investment and trade;
- To advise and encourage governments and other national, regional or international institutions to adopt laws, policies, regulations and procedures that enhance business growth;
- To build and maintain positive image and enhance the good reputation and effectiveness of African entrepreneurs.